Tuna & Pistachio MuffinsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Savory fish-flavored muffins might not be so familiar in the United States, but they are worth a try--and they make fork-free appetizers to go with cocktails. These muffins have chopped tuna steaks, grated parmesan, fresh parsley, chopped pistachios, and grated orange zest baked into the batter. They are best served still warm from the oven, either as is or split and filled with tuna-liver pate (found at specialty shops and online), as here.
- 170 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ground black pepper
- 100 milliliters olive oil
- 100 milliliters milk
- 50 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 orange
- 100 grams tuna steaks (chopped)
- 30 grams pistachios (chopped)
- liver pate (tuna)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease and flour a muffin pan.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the eggs and 150 grams of flour.
- 4Add the baking powder and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 5In a saucepan, heat the oil and the milk to a simmer.
- 6Add to the egg mixture, stirring continuously.
- 7Add the cheese, parsley, orange peel, tuna, pistachios and mix well.
- 8Pour the mixture into a muffin pan up to 3/4 full.
- 9Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and fluffy, remove from the oven.
- 10Allow to cool and remove from the molds, cut in half, spread with tuna paté and replace the muffin top and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.