Tuna SpaghettiO Meu Tempero
Canned tuna is one of those staples that every home cook should always have in ample supply, for creating a wide variety of so-called pantry meals from what's on hand. This recipe fits the bill perfectly, using only basic items including spaghetti, olive oil, shallots, garlic, and herbs (plus pepper). Flake the tuna before adding it to the pasta (along with the shallot mixture), so it is more easily and evenly distributed.
- 250 grams spaghetti
- water (1 lt.)
- olive oil
- 3 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans tuna (stored in water)
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- chives (chopped)
- 1Cook spaghetti in a saucepan with salted boiling water, according to bag instructions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan and saute shallots and bay leaf, until shallots are translucent.
- 3Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4When spaghetti is al dente, remove from heat and drain.
- 5Add shallot mixture and tuna, tossing well.
- 6Serve sprinkled with freshly ground pepper, chives and drizzle with olive oil.