- 2 pounds potatoes (peeled, coarsely chopped)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 2/3 cups milk
- 1 leek (large, pale section only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 1/4 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 15 ounces tuna in spring water (drained, flaked)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped + extra sprigs, to serve)
- 2 sheets pie dough (frozen, thawed)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 mins, or until tender. Drain. Add 2 1/2 tbsp butter and 3 cups milk and heat over low, mashing until almost smooth. Season and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 3 mins, or until soft. Add flour and cook for 1 min, or until bubbling. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth then cream. Cook, whisking, for 3 mins, or until sauce boils and thickens. Add frozen vegetables, tuna and dill. Remove from heat. Season and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch pie dish with thawed dough, overlapping slightly at center. Trim edges. Using a fork, decorate edge of pastry and prick base. Bake for 10 mins, or until light golden brown. Fill with cooled tuna mixture then cover with mashed potatoes. Bake for 25 mins, or until golden. Let cool for 10 mins then serve, sprinkled with dill.
|Calories690Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Foolox F. 17 Jul 2018
Amazing. I added lemon juice and zest and used only broccoli as the vegie. So good I have made it twice already.