You just might adopt the method for cooking the rice as set forth in this recipe for all your rice dishes from here on out, swapping out the bell pepper and mushrooms with other vegetables. What's essential is the onion, garlic, and bacon that's sauteed in a bit of olive oil before the rice and water is added along with tomato paste and seasonings. Just before the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, you add the flaked canned tuna to heat through.
- olive oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- diced bacon (to taste)
- 4 cans tuna (drained)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- salt (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- tomato paste (to taste)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, and bacon. Cook until bacon is crispy.
- Add pepper and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add enough water to cook the rice, and bring to a boil.
- When water is boiling, add rice, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, salt, and oregano and let cook.
- When rice is almost done, add tuna and mix.
- Cook until rice is tender and serve.