Empanadas are perfectly flaky crust pockets filled with savory or sweet ingredients. These Tuna Empanadas have a mere 90 calories and are a savory dish on a Sunday evening. Make them ahead of time for a snack on the go. Ingredients include olive oil…
onions, jalapeno chilies, tomatoes, canned tuna, salt, ground black pepper, fresh parsley, olives, puff pastry, and egg. The family will love these!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- jalapeno chilies (optional)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 284 grams canned tuna (drained)
- ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olives (chopped)
- puff pastry (store bought)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Saute the onion, chilies, and tomatoes. When the tomatoes change color, add the tuna. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley and olives. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Stretch the puff pastry and cut 15-centimeter diameter circles. Using a fork, poke several holes where the filling will be placed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the tuna filling. Brush the edges with egg and close the empanada, removing as much air as possible from inside. Brush the empanada with egg and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
|Calories90Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.