Croquettes are a perfect way to pack a lot of flavor in a small space. They are traditionally a small roll of chopped vegetables, meat or fish fried in breadcrumbs. This recipe for Tuna croquettes is both delectable and delicious. Even though it tak…
s about 75 minutes to prepare, it is easy and worth the wait. So spend a little time in the kitchen this week making this dish and surprise your family.
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 2 cups tuna (in water, drained)
- 1 stalk celery (minced)
- 3 scallions (diced)
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 corn flakes (additional cup, crushed)
- cooking spray
- Combine 1 cup of cornflakes with the tuna, celery, scallions, egg white, mayonnaise, and mustard. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Form the mixture into croquettes using wet hands and roll in the additional cup of corn flakes. Place into a dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and fry the croquettes until golden on both sides.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard together and serve as a sauce with the croquettes.