Croquettes are a perfect way to pack a lot of flavor in a small space. They are traditionally a small roll of chopped vegetables, meat or fish fried in breadcrumbs. This recipe for Tuna croquettes is both delectable and delicious. Even though it takes about 75 minutes to prepare, it is easy and worth the wait. So spend a little time in the kitchen this week making this dish and surprise your family.
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 2 cups tuna (in water, drained)
- 1 stalk celery (minced)
- 3 scallions (diced)
- 1 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 corn flakes (additional cup, crushed)
- cooking spray
- Combine 1 cup of cornflakes with the tuna, celery, scallions, egg white, mayonnaise, and mustard. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Form the mixture into croquettes using wet hands and roll in the additional cup of corn flakes. Place into a dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and fry the croquettes until golden on both sides.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard together and serve as a sauce with the croquettes.