Here's a tuna casserole that the whole family will love, especially the home cook, since it can be on the dinner table in less than an hour. Boiling the pasta at the same time as you blanch the vegetables is one time-saving tip; then all the ingredients are tossed together in the casserole dish and baked to perfection, running it under the broiler at the end to brown the top in spots (watch carefully when doing this).
- 250 grams salad (special, ready conchiglie, shell shaped pasta)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cans tuna
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 package soya cream (Alpro)
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- On the stove, bring two medium pots of salted water to a boil.
- Place the pasta in one of the pots of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place peeled and diced carrots, peas and corn in the other pot of boiling water. Cook until tender.
- Drain pasta and vegetables in a colander.
- Place pasta and vegetables back into one of the pots. Add the drained tuna, one package of cream and the mayonnaise.
- Mix well over low heat.
- Place the mixture in a baking pan.
- Place in the oven and allow it to warm for 10 minutes. Then place under the broiler until golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Serve warm.