Truffle and Saffron Shortbread CookiesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
White truffles are the reason to make these savory biscuits; here they are thinly shaved and mixed into the dough that also includes grated parmesan cheese and saffron. Once formed into logs and chilled, the logs are coated in sliced almonds. At this point, the logs can be wrapped well in plastic wrap and refrigerated for one or two days or frozen for up to three months. Once baked, the biscuits will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 150 grams butter (chilled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 salt (level tsp.)
- truffles (White, shavings)
- almonds (slices)
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing)
- 1Combine the butter, flour, salt, parmesan cheese, a pinch of saffron, and the truffles with a mixer.
- 2Shape the dough into two cylinders approximately 3 centimeters thick, wrap them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- 3Brush the dough with the lightly beaten egg yolk and coat with the almond slices, wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Preheat the oven to 170C.
- 5Cut the dough into 1 centimeter thick slices and place the slices on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Cool the cookies completely before serving. The cookies can be stored for a few days in a tin canister.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.