When preparing this meal, make a little extra and enjoy leftovers for the next day's lunch. Simply add breadsticks to round out the meal.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (3/4-1 pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (in juice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup almonds (slivered)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and cayenne; set aside. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry broccoli 1 to 2 minutes. Add pork tenderloin; stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes, until pork is just done. Push mixture from center of skillet. Stir juice mixture to blend well; add to center of skillet; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add pineapple; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve on bed of lettuce, garnished with almonds.