If you want a dessert that will blow your taste buds away, you need to try my Better Than Sex Triple Chocolate Poke Cake.
- 1 box fudge cake mix (Chocolate)
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix (Hershey’s dark, 3.4 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar sauce (Hot fudge)
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding mix (Hersey’s Dark, 3.4 oz)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 hot chocolate mix (pouch of, or cocoa powder)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and dry pudding mix with eggs, vanilla extract, milk, vegetable oil and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9x13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the entire jar of hot fudge sauce on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add hot chocolate mix and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. You can top you cake with a chocolate drizzle and some crushed white and milk chocolate chips, or any of your favorite chocolate goodies.