- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Ghirardelli® Peppermint Bark (crushed, or peppermint candies)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in 1 cup Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1 1/2” to 2” apart. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble cookies, pipe or spread chocolate peppermint filling (recipe follows) on the bottoms of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down. If desired, roll the sides of filled cookies in crushed peppermint candies.
- For Chocolate Peppermint Filling: Place Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips in a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Pour hot cream over Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Add in peppermint extract and whisk until smooth. Cover bowl and place ganache in refrigerator. Stir every so often until thick, about 1 hour. Be careful to not leave the ganache in the refrigerator too long or it will harden.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ganache on medium speed for 2-4 minutes. Ganache will lighten in color and become fluffy.
- Refrigerate leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.