- 5 cups Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 0equipment (or wooden craft sticks)
- 2/3 cup Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crumble the Grand Fudge Cake into a very large bowl. Add the Ghirardelli Buttercream Frosting. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Using a small scoop or spoon, drop the mixture into 1-1/2-inch mounds onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Roll mounds into balls and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the Ghirardelli® 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and 1/4 teaspoon of the shortening. Cook on medium power (50 percent) for 1 minute. Remove and stir until smooth. Dip one end of each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and poke sticks into the cake balls (this helps the balls stay on the sticks). Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes or until balls are firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Baking Chips on medium power (50 percent) for 1 minute. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and the remaining shortening. Microwave on medium power (50 percent) for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. If chocolate is not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to avoid scorching. Working in batches, dip the frozen balls into the melted bittersweet chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. When the bittersweet chocolate is just set, drizzle the pops with the melted white chocolate. Place on prepared baking sheets.* Let stand for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. After chocolate is set, transfer to a storage container and store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Recipe Tips
- If you don't want the pops to have a flat side, poke the ends of the lollipop sticks into floral foam to suspend the pops until the chocolate is set.
|Calories120Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.