Here's what you do with leftover (or store-bought) cake, especialy when you are short on time but want an impressive and delicious dessert. Packaged pudding and mousse, found at most any supermarket, are quick and easy shortcuts and you can use whichever flavor you like best in place of the ones called for in this recipe. You can also swap out the fruit to suit your taste.
- Cake (leftover, to taste)
- 2 packages pudding mix (condensed milk)
- 1 package chocolate mousse
- fruit (concentrate)
- fruits (frozen red, to taste)
- strawberries (to taste)
- mint leaves
- Make the pudding according to package instructions.
- Make the mousse according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, place the cake crumbled in small pieces and sprinkle with the fruit concentrate.
- Add 1/2 of the pudding, fresh strawberries, and frozen red fruits.
- Add another layer of cake and drizzle again with the concentrate. Add strawberries and then all the chocolate mousse.
- Add 1 more layer of cake, pudding, and strawberries. Garnish with more red fruit, to taste, and mint leaves.