If you love traditional Italian food, you will obsess over this Italian Tricolor Gnocchi with Ostrich Ragù recipe. This Italian dish has been cooked by chefs for years and years. The blend of Mushrooms with this traditional sauce and pasta make for a different way to prepare this dish and seperate this recipe from others. Try our Italian Tricolor Gnocchi with Ostrich Ragù today and let us know what you think. We are confident you will love it!
- gnocchi (Tricolor, may substitute plain potato dumplings)
- 1 red onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 carrot
- 500 grams ostrich (ground, may substitute any lean beef)
- 500 grams tomato puree
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 ounces red wine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare the onion, carrot, and celery by chopping them finely.
- Place the oil in a terracotta saucepan with the chopped vegetables and saute for a few minutes, without browning.
- Add the ground ostrich to the saucepan and saute it on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the meat juices begin to evaporate, add the wine and allow it to completely evaporate on medium-high heat, stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato puree and the warm water to dilute.
- Season with salt and add a pinch of sugar.
- Place the saucepan on a smaller burner, with a heat diffuser.
- Cover but leave the lid slightly ajar and simmer for 45 minutes, to thicken the ragu.
- Turn off the heat and add a few basil leaves.
- Add the ragu to the cooked gnocchi and, if you like, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.