- 84 ounces baked beans
- 1 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (OR ketchup)
- 1/2 cup worchestershire
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- In 5- to 6-quart slow crockery cooker, combine beans, bell pepper, onion, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large shallow roasting pan, combine all ingredients. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Stir. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more.
- Serve the baked beans inside red bell peppers. Cut the top off of several red bell peppers making bowls and lids. Hollow out the peppers removing all of the stems and seeds. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat the outside of the peppers with olive oil. Place pepper bowls and lids side by side on a cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes. Remove and fill peppers with cooked beans. Cook for an additional 6 minutes.