Traditional or retro? Whichever it is, the combination of ham and pineapples coated in a buttery brown sugar glaze will always be a favorite.
- 40 ounces pineapple slices in pineapple juice
- 20 maraschino cherries (stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 bone-in ham (8-11 lb.)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it. Place the ham on the middle of the roasting rack.
- Remove the pineapple slices from the can with a fork, reserving the pineapple juice. Secure the pineapple slices over the surface of the ham with toothpicks. Secure a maraschino cherry into the center of each ring and in the open spaces between rings.
- Place the melted butter, brown sugar, and 2 Tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Brush about half of the brown sugar and pineapple mixture over the pineapple rings and cherries.
- Transfer the ham to the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the ham for 2-2.5 hours, or about 15 minutes per pound of ham. Every 30 minutes, open the oven door and baste the ham with additional brown sugar and pineapple glaze.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Allow the ham to cool on the roasting rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board. Carve and serve. Leftover ham may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.