Perfectly cooked bacon right in the oven- no messy frying pan needed!
- 12 ounces bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a roasting rack on top. Lay another sheet of tinfoil over the rack, and poke multiple holes through it with a fork.
- Arrange the bacon strips onto the roasting rack.
- Roast the bacon for 22-30 minutes, until it is deep brown and sizzling. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon. Keep a close eye on it after the 22 minute mark, to ensure it does not burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the bacon strips to the paper towel-lined dinner plate. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
|Calories260Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Susan R. 7 Dec 2018
This works beautifully! Don’t forget to flip the bacon slices halfway through. For crisper bacon use many paper towels to blot up the fat before flipping. Also for a little sweetness, lightly sprinkle bacon with brown sugar before baking and sprinkle the bacon with a little more brown sugar after flipping and blotting! It’s great bakin’ bacon, no fakin’!
Chef Danielle 28 Oct 2018
Delicious and crunchy but not burnt! Next time I’ll try it a little bit lower heat and less than 20 minutes
Jackie 22 Jul 2018
Simple and easy delicious bacon