- 4 tournedos (200-gramx)
- 4 foie gras (x duck, slices, 80 to 100 g per piece)
- 1 truffle (or chanterelles, 40 to 50 g)
- 2 cloves grapeseed oil
- 10 grams butter
- 2 teaspoons Madeira
- 1 teaspoon port
- 1 teaspoon cognac (brandy)
- 10 cloves (fond de veau)
- 4 cloves juice (truffle)
- 40 grams butter
- Mix the butter and grapeseed oil in a hot pan.
- Season your tournedos well, with salt and pepper. Sear the tournedos by rapidly pan-frying them over high heat. Keep the pan and its juices; you will need it shortly to make the sauce.
- Make the sauce: don’t worry if there’s no meat juices left. Let’s deglaze the pan.