This is fun for kids to fix---and eat! Pork is the meat of choice in Mexican dishes, so lean ground pork is perfect for this savory filling that’s perfect as a tostado-topper, a taco-filler or as a filling for enchiladas.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup salsa (hot or mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup ripe olives (sliced)
- 4 corn tortillas (crisp, tostado style)
- 4 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese (OR Cheddar cheese, shredded)
- 1 medium tomato (cut into thin wedges)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salsa (Additional)
- In large skillet, brown ground pork with onion. Stir in salsa and chili powder; cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes. Stir in olives.
- For each tostado place a tortilla on a plate. Top with layer of lettuce, then hot pork mixture (about 2/3 cup). Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Garnish with tomato wedges and dollop of sour cream. Serve with additional salsa.