This quesadilla-style meal is made with layer upon layer of tortillas and various toppings. A combination of mozzarella cheese, refried beans, turkey sausage, and steak make up a bulk of the fillings. They are accented with tomato sauce, onions, chili pepper, and mushrooms. All of these ingredients make up a hearty and filling meal that is simple to pull together. If you want to try it vegetarian, skip the meat and try it with other vegetables such as peppers, greens, and extra mushrooms.
- 5 tortillas (large)
- 150 grams mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup beans (fried)
- 75 grams turkey sausage (minced)
- 2 beef steaks
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 chili pepper (jalapeño, sliced)
- 200 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- Heat a skillet on low flame and add the turkey sausage. Let it cook for 10 minutes and dispose of the fat excess.
- Add the beans to the skillet, let them cook until they are hot, mash them, and remove them from the skillet.
- Grill the beef steaks on the skillet until they are completely cooked on the inside. Remove them, let them cool off for 5 minutes, and chop them into small slices.
- Add the tomato sauce and the sliced beef steaks to the skillet and let it cook on low until boiling, then turn off the stove.
- Grease another skillet with cooking spray and heat it on medium.
- Add the onion and jalapeño pepper, and cook until the onion browns.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until all the water that comes out from them has evaporated. Then turn off the stove.
- Heat the tortillas on the skillet until they are warm.
- Place 1 warm tortilla on a skillet at low heat, and spread the beans over it.
- Cover with another tortilla, and spread a layer of vegetables and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with another tortilla and spread a layer of beef and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with another tortilla, spread one more layer of beans on top, and place the last tortilla on top.
- Flip the tortilla tower carefully and let it cook until it browns.
- Serve with guacamole as a side dish.
|Calories480Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.