- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch, preferably a little old and dried out)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (peanut oil, other high smoke-point oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 poblano (medium Anaheim, or jalapeño chile, seeded, veins removed, chopped, Depending on the hotness and flavor desired. You can also mix chiles - 1 Anaheim and a half jalapeño.)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or homemade chicken stock)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained, recommended Muir Glen fire-roasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or mild cheddar)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
|Calories550Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Slimm 6 days ago
Awesome! I added corn and black beans and can't wait to have again for lunch tomorrow. Thanks
Nicole R. 9 days ago
Turned out great! The family loved it!
Ben C. 20 Nov 2018
Good. Added a whole jalapeno pepper, seeds and all. T'was good
Neal McNeill 20 Nov 2018
Excellent ! Really Good flavor and the combination of different ingredients was wonderful !
Ines T. 22 May 2018
Love it!!! Make it at least once a month when it’s gloomy outside. My family loves it ( picky eaters) , so fast and easy to make too!
stephanie f. 24 Apr 2018
Love this! It's in my recipe rotation, and I make it every couple months. The recipe is great as is. Super flavorful and relatively easy to make. I usually skip the tortilla chips and cheese and it still tastes great.
Don Larson 9 Apr 2018
Best tortilla soup I’ve ever had
Hello Reyna 21 Feb 2018
It was so easy and delicious! I added some corn and it came out perfect!
Colleen 27 Jan 2018
Subbed cayenne pepper for fresh chiles, turned out super yummy!
Thomas Bounds 10 Jan 2018
Easy to make and tastes great. I add diced pickled jalapeños to give a little extra kick.
Alexis V. 28 Nov 2017
This tortilla soup was easy, fast, and amazingly delicious!
Ernestine Smith 27 Jul 2017
Great! And so easy! Will make again