This Tortilla Soup recipe offers abundant flavor and nutrition in only 390 calories per serving. It is packed with ingredients and aromatic spices. This soup is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend celebratio. Top with tostadas or tortilla chips. Make sure you pick up these tasty ingredients the next time you go grocery shopping. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this decadent dinner as much as we do.
- 2 ancho chile peppers
- 6 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 liter water
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1 sprig epazote
- salt and ground black pepper
- 100 grams cheese (panela, cubed)
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups tostadas (or tortilla chips, in bite-sized pieces)
- Place the chile peppers in a bowl and cover with very hot water. Set aside for 30 minutes, until softened. Drain, cut into halves, and remove the seeds and veins.
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly golden brown.
- Liquify the tomatoes, chile peppers, onion, and garlic in the blender with a little of the water.
- Place the tomato blend into a pan and add the rest of the water, the bouillon cube, and epazote. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Place 1/2 cup tortilla chips or tostada pieces into each bowl, topping with cubes of cheese and avocado. Ladle the tomato sauce into each bowl and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.