Tomatoes Stuffed with Cheese and BreadMadeleine Cocina
Tomatoes Stuffed with Cheese and Bread is a perfect weeknight dinner the whole family will love. This twist on stuffed peppers combines fresh bread rolls, string cheese, and savory herbs and spices for a flavor explosion. All these ingredients are packed into a tomato half and baked to piping hot perfection. But don’t forget to add more string cheese on top of the filling for extra gooey goodness. Happy baking!
- 2 tomatoes (make sure they aren’t too ripe)
- 120 grams bread (preferably a fresh bread roll)
- 1/2 cup string cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- string cheese (Optional: Extra, to place on top of each tomato)
- 1Cut each tomato in half and scoop out the pulp.
- 2Place the tomatoes on a baking tray which has been previously sprayed with cooking spray or oil.
- 3Break up the bread into small pieces and place it into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix everything well.
- 4Fill each tomato half with this mixture, and once each tomato is filled up, add a light layer of string cheese onto each tomato.
- 5Bake the tomatoes for 10–15 minutes at 200C.
- 6Once the cheese has melted, take the tray out, let the tomatoes cool off, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.