Have some extra tomatoes on hand? This salad has only 6 ingredients and comes together in 15 minutes. Fresh, summer tomatoes are paired with goat cheese and basil for a refreshing and simple salad. Add some grilled chicken breast to turn it into a filling meal or add it to a bed of greens for extra flavor. A drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper are all that is needed to finish it off.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (or feta cheese)
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh basil leaves (torn)
- Slice the tomato into thick slices, and set them on a plate
- Spread the cheese onto the tomatoes, covering each slice.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper on the tomato and pour olive oil on top.
- Add basil leaves on top.