- 28 ounces diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausages (or sweet, casings removed)
- 1 onions (small, finely chopped)
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch flat leaf spinach (10 to 14 ounces, washed well, tough stems removed, chopped, about 7 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus more for serving, optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jenny Z. 5 Nov
very tasty, i added real tomato and parsley cubes.
Bonnie O. 26 Oct
Sooo delicious! We used mild Italian sausage and it had just a slight kick still (enough for our five and two year old to announce it was too spicy for them). That was okay, though! More for us! Creamy, comforting, just delicious. I’ll be making this a few more times this fall/winter for sure.
Brown 28 Jun
Turned out pretty good
Rinci 30 Apr
Jean Marien 22 Apr
Love it. Made it today, so easy and the family loved it too.
Marcos Ciarrocchi 6 Aug 2017
Came out great! Everyone loved it! Used two and a half sweet Italian sausages and 4 stripes of thick cut bacon instead of the hot sausage that was indicated in the recipe.
Ann Walling 9 Aug 2016
I made this recipe EXACTLY as Ashley Z. did...LOL....and it was delicious! My husband is not a fan of risotto, but loved this so much he requests it all of the time! I think I have made it 4 times so far and will continue to do so!
Ashley Z. 11 Apr 2016
This was great! I used chicken stock instead of water and added some basil at the very end. Would definitely make again.
Jo C. 13 Oct 2015
Very simple, but tasted lovely.. On first glance the directions don't seem to make sense but they do when you just follow them. Used caramelised onion sausages, skin removed. Added mushrooms (sliced) with the sausage and onion and garlic granules part way through adding the hot tomato sauce.