This is often the case when the kids get out of a long day of school and on the hunt for something to eat. This Tomato and Pesto Mini Muffin Towers recipe is the perfect ticket to keep your kids eating healthy but giving them the flavor they are loo…
ing for. Let us know about your experience cooking this Tomato and Pesto Mini Muffin Towers recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 150 grams flour
- 10 grams baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 100 milliliters milk
- 90 grams pesto
- tomato sauce
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, add the egg, milk, and pesto. Mix well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes.
- Switch the oven broiler on high.
- All the muffins to cool, cut each muffin into 3 layers. Add the sliced muffin pieces to a baking sheet.
- Broil the muffin pieces for 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place one layer on a plate and spread with tomato sauce, a slice of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat for the next two layers. Add a little more tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
|Calories90Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.