Sometimes, all you need is a quick and easy, yet absolutely tasty, wrap or sandwich to get through the day. If you are looking for great recipes for easy lunches during the week, then try this one for a Tomato and Nut Muffins. This wrap is hearty, packed with delicious ingredients, and will fill you up. The spices and ingredients in this wrap blend well for a hand held lunch that is out of this world. No more fast food lines or heartburn from unhealthy dishes.
- 60 grams softened butter
- 200 grams sugar (yellow)
- 1 large eggs
- 210 grams tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Chop nuts and set aside. Beat sugar and butter until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg. In another bowl, mix tomato sauce and baking soda.
- Stir and wait about a minute.
- The tomato will start to bubble when it reacts with baking soda.
- Add tomato mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- Sift flour and add baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- Fold in chopped nuts and mix well. Line the wells of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Fill prepared wells 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 30 minutes.