Tomato and Nut MuffinsHoje para Jantar
Sometimes, all you need is a quick and easy, yet absolutely tasty, wrap or sandwich to get through the day. If you are looking for great recipes for easy lunches during the week, then try this one for a Tomato and Nut Muffins. This wrap is hearty, packed with delicious ingredients, and will fill you up. The spices and ingredients in this wrap blend well for a hand held lunch that is out of this world. No more fast food lines or heartburn from unhealthy dishes.
- 60 grams softened butter
- 200 grams sugar (yellow)
- 1 large eggs
- 210 grams tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1Chop nuts and set aside. Beat sugar and butter until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- 2Add egg. In another bowl, mix tomato sauce and baking soda.
- 3Stir and wait about a minute.
- 4The tomato will start to bubble when it reacts with baking soda.
- 5Add tomato mixture to egg mixture and mix well.
- 6Sift flour and add baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- 7Fold in chopped nuts and mix well. Line the wells of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- 8Fill prepared wells 2/3 full with batter.
- 9Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 30 minutes.