Tomato and Mozzarella Mini KebabsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Add these tasty, showy kebabs to your next antipasto platter. Made with speared, marinated tomatoes, balls of fresh mozzarella and olives, all they need is a drizzle of olive oil. These are sprinkled with sesame seeds, though you could always swap those for fresh or dried herbs. Assemble them up to four hours before a party so they're ready to serve alongside a platter of cheese, salami and soppressata.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- dried basil
- black pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella balls
- green olives
- sesame seeds
- 1Add a small amount of olive oil to a bowl and add a pinch of dried basil. Mix well and set aside.
- 2Wash the tomatoes, dry and cut in half. Place in a bowl and season with the oil and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 3Cut the mozzarella balls and olives in half.
- 4Using a cocktail stick, skewer 1/2 tomato, 1/2 mozzarella ball, and 1/2 olive. Continue until all ingredients have been used.
- 5Arrange the mini kebabs on a serving plate, finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.