Add these tasty, showy kebabs to your next antipasto platter. Made with speared, marinated tomatoes, balls of fresh mozzarella and olives, all they need is a drizzle of olive oil. These are sprinkled with sesame seeds, though you could always swap those for fresh or dried herbs. Assemble them up to four hours before a party so they're ready to serve alongside a platter of cheese, salami and soppressata.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- dried basil
- black pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella balls
- green olives
- sesame seeds
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a bowl and add a pinch of dried basil. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, dry and cut in half. Place in a bowl and season with the oil and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cut the mozzarella balls and olives in half.
- Using a cocktail stick, skewer 1/2 tomato, 1/2 mozzarella ball, and 1/2 olive. Continue until all ingredients have been used.
- Arrange the mini kebabs on a serving plate, finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.