Tomato and Mozzarella Filled Puff PastryLolibox
Puff pastry is the perfect palate pleasing way to pack a lot of flavor into a flaky and buttery crust. This recipe for Tomato and Mozzarella Filled Puff Pastry is filled with hearty and healthy ingredients. These are wonderful served up with your favorite pasta dish for a wholesome and robust dinner. These delicious treats are filled with tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and beef. This dish also can be served up as a light and delicious main dish. Any way you serve it, you are guaranteed to please your family.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball)
- 1 onions
- 4 slices bresaola (or salted beef)
- 1 shallots
- 1Preheat oven to 375F
- 2Spread the puff pastry on your worktop.
- 3Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- 4Slice the mozzarella cheese.
- 5Finely chop the onion.
- 6Spread the pesto down the middle of the entire length of the pastry.
- 7Cover the pesto with overlapping slices of tomato.
- 8Sprinkle the onion on top of the tomatoes.
- 9Arrange the bresaola slices on top of the onion.
- 10Add a final layer of sliced Mozzarella.
- 11Sprinkle with basil.
- 12Cut rather thin strips on the sides of the puff pastry, then gently fold and overlap to close the pastry.
- 13Brush the puff pastry with a little milk.
- 14Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown.