Puff pastry is the perfect palate pleasing way to pack a lot of flavor into a flaky and buttery crust. This recipe for Tomato and Mozzarella Filled Puff Pastry is filled with hearty and healthy ingredients. These are wonderful served up with your fa…
orite pasta dish for a wholesome and robust dinner. These delicious treats are filled with tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and beef. This dish also can be served up as a light and delicious main dish. Any way you serve it, you are guaranteed to please your family.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella (ball)
- 1 onion
- 4 slices bresaola (or salted beef)
- 1 shallot
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Spread the puff pastry on your worktop.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Spread the pesto down the middle of the entire length of the pastry.
- Cover the pesto with overlapping slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle the onion on top of the tomatoes.
- Arrange the bresaola slices on top of the onion.
- Add a final layer of sliced Mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Cut rather thin strips on the sides of the puff pastry, then gently fold and overlap to close the pastry.
- Brush the puff pastry with a little milk.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown.