- 12 ounces ground lamb
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes (assorted, larger ones halved)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (small)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix ground lamb, 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/3 of the garlic in a medium bowl. Shape heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Meanwhile, place 3 cups water, crumbled bouillon cubes and pasta sauce in medium saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning, for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a baking pan. Add tomatoes to pan. Bake for 8-10 mins or until meatballs are cooked and tomatoes soften.
- Meanwhile, stir onion and remaining garlic into same saucepan. Cook and stir for 4-5 mins or until onion softens. Add rice; cook and stir for 1 min or until coated in onion mixture. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add a ladle of hot stock mixture. Cook and stir until stock mixture is absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock mixture, adding a ladle at a time, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (this should take 15-20 mins). Remove from heat. Season.
- Stir in meatballs, tomatoes, butter, remaining Parmesan cheese and 1/2 the basil. Serve topped with remaining basil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.