Tomato and Goat Cheese TatinLa Cocina de Babel
A tarte tatin is an upside-down pastry in which fruit is typically caramelized before the tart is baked. This savory tarte tatin incorporates freshly grilled tomatoes with a caramel sauce and fresh goat cheese for a unique sweet and creamy flavor. The pastry, puff pastry is called for in this recipe, is then put on top of the tomato filling and baked until golden. After baking, the whole tarte is flipped and ready to serve.
- 1 rolls (ready-made shortcrust pastry)
- 600 grams cherry tomatoes
- 150 grams fresh chevre
- 50 grams cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3Place the cherry tomatoes on the baking tray and sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes or until soft and the skins begin to peel.
- 5Meanwhile, line a pie dish, 20 centimeters in diameter with parchment paper, and allow the sides to overlap the rim of the dish. This will help to remove the tart later.
- 6In a heavy pot, add the sugar and water, and cook rapidly on a high heat until it forms a light caramel.
- 7Remove from the heat, add the vinegar and stir well.
- 8Pour the caramel onto the baking paper in the pie dish.
- 9Sprinkle with thyme and freshly ground black pepper.
- 10Add the grilled tomatoes, avoiding the sides of the pie dish.
- 11Lower the oven temperature to 180C.
- 12Crumble the cheese over the tomatoes.
- 13Cover the filling with the pastry and tuck in the sides, between the tomatoes and the edge of the pie dish. Cut off any excess pastry if necessary. Prick with a fork to allow the air to escape.
- 14Cook for 25 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 15Leave to rest for 2 minutes, remove from the pie dish and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.