Tomato and Chili Spaghetti PastaLa Cocina de Babel
Those with a penchant for the spicy will absolutely love this tomato and chili pasta dish. The tomato sauce is made with chipotle chili peppers for a smoky spicy flavor element. Season with your favorite spices to taste and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes. Prepare your favorite pasta according to the instructions and top with this this delicious vegetarian tomato sauce. This quick and easy dinner is ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile (in sauce, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 800 grams whole peeled tomatoes (canned)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (Modena)
- olive oil
- 600 grams spaghetti
- fresh oregano
- ground black pepper
- 1Blend the chipotle chilies and place in a glass container. Set aside 1 tablespoon for the sauce. The remainder can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month and used a little at a time.
- 2Heat a drizzle of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the garlic, stir well, and then add the tomatoes, chipotle chilies, sugar, and vinegar.
- 3Season with salt, and break up the the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- 4Cook on low for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- 5When the sauce is ready, set aside, and cook the pasta in a pot of salted water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 6Serve the pasta covered with sauce and sprinkled with oregano and black pepper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.