Tomato and Chile de Arbol SauceMADELEINE COCINA
The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Tomato and Chile de Arbol Sauce. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Tomato and Chile de Arbol Sauce recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 7 green tomatoes
- 4 peppers (chile de arbol, red chile; substitutes are cayenne pepper OR pequin chiles)
- 1 pepper (chile ancho, dried poblano pepper)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 sprigs coriander
- Cook the tomatoes in boiling water until they become soft, then remove them from the water and set them aside for later use.
- Cut open the chile ancho pepper and remove the seeds.
- Place the chile ancho pepper, chile de arbol, onion, and garlic clove in a pan. Lightly toast the ingredients for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Place all of the toasted ingredients into the blender along with the tomatoes, coriander, and a bit of salt. Blend everything well until all of the ingredients are completely liquefied.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories50Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat┅
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes