Tomato Zucchni GratinLolibox
This is the best layered vegetable side dish! Thinly sliced juicy, acidic tomatoes are alternated between finely sliced zucchini and smothered in a fresh garlic, olive oil, and onion sauce. Baked to perfection, this summer dish is aromatic, herbaceous, and vibrant with color. If could only get better, it would be that the whole dish takes under 30 minutes to complete and is incredibly low in calories. Serve yourself a large portion of this vitamin rich, savory side.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olives (olive)
- parsley (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 330F.
- 2Peel the zucchini and slice in 4 to 5 millimeter slices.
- 3Use an apple corer to remove the seeds in the middle of the zucchini slices, and then proceed in the same way with the tomatoes.
- 4Peel and mince the onion and garlic cloves.
- 5Chop the parsley.
- 6In a bowl, combine olive oil, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 7In a baking dish, place alternating slices of zucchini and tomato.
- 8Brush the tops of tomato and zucchini slices with the sauce.
- 9Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.