Tomato Rice With Fried CabbageHOMEMAKER
I am a big fan of tomato and love to add them to every dish (almost ) . One afternoon I thought making tomato rice but with a unique combination of fried cabbage served along with raita . Amazingly this turned out to be delicious with silky texture and the best part is the addition of fried cabbage while cooking .
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 tomatoes
- cabbage (Shredded 1 large cup)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion
- 3 cashews
- 5 green chilies
- ginger (small piece or 2 large table spoons)
- garlic (pods 20)
- 10 canola oil
- 1 ghee
- whole garam masala
- Shred 1 cup of cabbage . Wash and rinse thoroughly . take a non stick pan add about 3 to4 table spoons of canola oil and a pinch of salt , when the oil is ready and not smoking add shredded cabbage and fry it in high flame for about five minutes . Now simmer the flame to medium and let it fry .
- Mean while take a blender add tomatoes, ginger, garlic pods , onion, green chilies and make into a smooth paste (without adding water ). First give it a pulse so, that tomato wont spill out .
- Now in a pressure cooker add about 5 table spoons of oil and a table spoon of ghee , heat the oil.When ghee melts add the whole garam masala and cashews .
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories600Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes