The beauty of summer salads is that there are so many terrific vegetables to choose from in making a variety throughout the season. In this salad, a bunch of tomatoes in a variety of sizes and shapes are sliced (or halved or left whole, depending on their size) and simply seasoned with balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil plus garlic, cilantro, and bell pepper. Fresh mozzarella provides a more than welcome creamy contrast.
- 2 pounds mixed tomatoes
- salt (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, diced)
- 2 mozzarella cheese (balls)
- Slice tomatoes and halve small tomatoes and leave some tomatoes whole.
- Season with salt, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Add grated garlic, 3 tablespoons cilantro, and 3/4 of the bell pepper. Mix gently.
- On a large platter, arrange the tomato and mozzarella balls. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro, bell pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil on the mozzarella