This colorful dish has plenty of flavors which include cheese, and fresh oregano.The fresh basil and oregano compliment themselves to create a savory flavor. Ready in just 25 minutes this will be the perfect appetizer for any dinner party.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 pieces mozzarella cheese
- ground black pepper
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Remove the tomato pulp use a spoon.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, place a basil leaf and half a mozzarella cheese inside each one. Set the wrapped tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes. To serve, drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle oregano on top.
Destiny K. 28 May 2015
This is my new go to summer day lunch recipe. I am going to skip out to my garden, pick a tomato and make this dish. It is a keeper!