An interesting twist that makes for a great topping. This marmalade features tomatoes, sugar, lemon, and cinnamon. Used to garnish dishes, such as pastas, rice, and meats. Required tools include canning jars and lids, and a pot large enough to submerse the jars.
- 1.5 kilograms tomatoes (peeled and seeded)
- 840 grams sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Boil the jars and lids for 30 minutes to sterilize and then wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- Place the tomatoes and sugar in a saucepan along with the lemon juice, rind, and cinnamon. Cook on medium heat until the tomatoes release their juices and the mixture begins to thicken and caramelize, after approximately 1 hour.
- Carefully fill the jars with the marmalade and close tightly. Place into a large pot, and boil for 30 minutes to seal.