Bruschetta, the classic Italian toast, is just right for serving with drinks at a cocktail party or even as a light lunch. Here, the topping is made by combining a ripe tomato with fresh herbs, olive oil, rice vinegar, and salt. You can use red or white wine vinegar, or even balsamic or sherry vinegar, instead of the rice vinegar, and omit the sesame seeds, for a more traditional topping.
- 1 large tomato (very riped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- sesame seeds
- 2 slices bread (homemade)
- 1In the blender, put the tomato, chives, parsley, olive oil, vinegar and salt, and roughly chop everything.
- 2Place 2 slices of bread in the toaster or oven, when it is still warm drizzle with a little olive oil and place the prepared tomato mixture on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.