- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 9 fresh mozzarella (1/4 inch slices of)
- 8 fresh basil leaves (large)
- 1 pinch salt (and pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Position the mini-bowl into the work bowl of a KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor and set in blade. Push to lock.
- Add in the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano and pulse 5 times. Add in the butter and process for 45 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add in the egg and 2 tablespoons of the ice water and process until dough begins to come together in a ball. Add more water as necessary if dough seems dry.
- Remove the dough from the mini bowl and press it into a 12-inch rectangular tart pan with a removable bottom. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork and line with an 8- inch piece of foil covered with dry beans. Bake 20 minutes and remove foil. Bake another 8 minutes or until crust is a light golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Preheat broiler.
- Remove mini-bowl and place prep bowl inside of the work bowl. Position the slicing disc and set to the 6th notch from the left. Feed Romas through the small feed tube using the small pusher to guide to slice.
- Spread the pesto on the bottom of the tart evenly, then layer the mozzarella and tomato slices over top. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, then place the basil leaves on top. Broil 5 minutes and remove from oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tip: Goat cheese or Brie can be substituted for mozzarella as an alternate flavor addition.