- 6 boneless country style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup margarine (Softened)
- 1 medium tomato (Halved and Thinly Sliced)
- 1 ounce basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to Taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to Taste)
- 1 cup ranch dressing (Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Optional)
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Slice each rib down the center lengthwise, cutting halfway through. Spread equal amounts of the margarine down center of each rib. Arrange 2 to 3 tomato slices and 2 or 3 basil leaves down the center of each. Wrap each rib with butcher’s twine in several places to hold each rib together. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Grill ribs 15 to 18 minutes, or until no longer pink in center, turning frequently using a spatula or tongs to handle easily. Watch closely for flare-ups. The margarine will melt and flames will occur. Move pieces to another side of the grill when this happens. Combine salad dressing and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Serve as a dip alongside the ribs.