Tomato Basil CupcakesChloé Delice
What if you want a savory treat that you can enjoy on the go, then try these Tomato Basil Cupcakes. They take that sweet treat you love and turn it on its head for a savory and mouthwatering treat that is filled with hearty ingredients. This recipe combines fresh basil, dried tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes with decadent cream cheese for a savory sensation. Serve these as treats, snacks or the perfect starter to any family dinner. Happy baking!
- 320 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 4 eggs
- olive oil (12 cl.)
- 320 grams tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons dried tomatoes (preserved in oil)
- 3 tablespoons basil (chopped)
- 350 grams cream cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cupcake Preparation:
- 3In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, finely chopped basil, and a pinch of salt.
- 4In a second bowl, mix the eggs, oil, tomato paste, and dried tomatoes (cut into strips).
- 5Add the egg/tomato mixture to the flour/basil mixture and stir until smooth.
- 6Divide the mixture into muffin cups.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8Cool for 5 minutes, then unmold, and cool on a cooling rack.
- 9Topping Preparation:
- 10In a bowl, whisk the chopped basil with the cream cheese until smooth.
- 11Cover the cupcakes with this mixture and top off each one with a cherry tomato.