- 2 tomatoes (–3 large, ripe)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced, optional)
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (freshly cracked, coarse)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
|Calories680Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Miranda Meyers 12 days ago
Love this recipe. It's a little bland so i added onion and green pepper to the garlic during the saute stage. i also used basil, garlic, and oregano tomato paste.
ExceptionalSousChef 30 Oct 2018
Really amazing recipe. I subbed the pasta for zucchini noodles as a healthy alternative, it turned out great! This was my first time using cashews for sauce and it was genius.
Christoph Wrst 20 Aug 2018
great taste and yet so simple, quick and cheap
João 16 Aug 2018
Definitely felt like something was missing, but the fact that I used ground basil instead of basil leaves doesn't add in favor of me. Sided it with lettuce, way better. I also recommend you to go easy on the sauce, because while boiling it it splashes all around.
Denise Dubocq 14 Aug 2018
Really good!! Definitely will do again. My picky daughter love it.
Miranda A 1 Aug 2018
This is a great healthier alternative if you’re craving some creamy pasta. Super easy to make and not very many ingredients. I substituted the whole wheat pasta for green lentil pasta to increase the protein. Loved it
Broc Kuberski 28 Jul 2018
too salty but good. would make again