®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Tomatillo Pork Tenderloin with Apples
Exclusive Recipes courtesy of Rick and Lanie Bayless, Authors of Rick & Lanie’s Excellent Kitchen Adventures.
- Preheat broiler. Lay the tomatillos in a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan and place about 4 inches below the hot broiler. When the tomatillos are soft and splotchy brown/black on one side, about 5 minutes, turn them over and roast the other side, about 5 minutes more. Remove and turn oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Turn on the food processor (fitted with the steel blade) and drop garlic cloves through the feed tube one at a time. Once chopped, add chile pieces and run the processor until they are chopped. Stop the processor and remove the lid. Scrape in tomatillos and all the juice in pan. Add cilantro and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Secure lid, pulse a few times, then run the processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Peel and core the apples. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Pour sauce into tomatillo-cooking pan, top with apple pieces and stir to combine. Lay pork tenderloins in sauce and roll to light coat. Fold under the small end of each tenderloin to create an even thickness. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Set baking pan in the middle of the oven rack. Bake 25 to 27 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- Use tongs to move pork to cutting board and allow to rest for 3 minutes. Stir crema (or sour cream) into the sauce in the pan. Taste and season with more salt if you think necessary. Spoon the sauce over the bottom of a serving platter. Cut tenderloins into 1/2-inch slices (they look prettiest if you slice diagonally on a bias, creating oval pieces). Arrange the slices over the sauce, decorate with cilantro sprigs and you're ready to serve.