Tofu is the foundation of many a delicious vegetarian meal, including this one. For best results, always drain the block of tofu before using by placing it between layers of paper towels and pressing with a pan or other heavy object, changing the to…
els as needed. This is especially helpful when frying the tofu so you can get a nice browned surface. Here the tofu is served in endive leaves with a sauce that's made by blending watercress with chives.
- 350 grams tofu
- 3 cups watercress leaves (Fresh)
- 10 chives (branches of)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- black sesame seeds (toasted white and, to taste)
- 4 leaves endive
- Start by removing the excess water from the tofu.
- Pressing a little.
- Once dry, prepare the tofu and take an anti stick frying pan without any fat.
- Salt a few minutes to start getting browned
- Season with pepper, mustard, cloves powder and booked.
- In a blender / processor place the watercress with olive oil, salt, chives and spoons of water.
- Process until you get a liquid like a nectar.
- Check the seasoning and bring to medium heat/ low for 2 minutes with the tofu.
- If you notice that its too dry you can add a few more spoons of water.
- Serve the tofu into a endive leaves with aromatic water with mint, cucumber, lemon and blueberries.