Tofu with Carrot and ChivesMarmita
Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free, this recipe for Tofu with Carrot and Chives is a great healthy dish for those with dietary restrictions. Cut into rectangles, the tofu is lightly browned on each side. The crowning glory of this dish is the carrot and chive chopped vegetable salad. Made with fresh garlic, onion, tomato, and, of course, carrots, this vegetable mixture is finely chopped and lightly cooked in wine and spices to release the flavors. Each piece of tofu should be served with a healthy spread of the carrot and chive salad.
- 200 grams tofu
- olive oil
- 1 carrots (large)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 tomatoes (peeled)
- white wine (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (pink, to taste)
- coriander powder
- chives (to taste)
- 1Remove the excess of water from the tofu.
- 2Cut the tofu in 5 millimeter thick rectangles.
- 3Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the tofu, and brown on both sides.
- 4Put the carrot, garlic, and onion in the blender, and chop finely. Add the tomato, and chop some more.
- 5Put the chopped vegetables in a saucepan on medium heat.
- 6Add a bit of wine or water so they don''t stick, season with salt, pink peppercorns, and a pinch of coriander powder. Cook for a few minutes.
- 7Place this mixture on top of each piece of tofu. Sprinkle with fresh, chopped chives.
- 8Serve with a cucumber salad with black sesame seeds, and some white rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.