- 1 1/3 pounds firm tofu (chopped)
- 1 cup jasmine rice (cooked)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel (finely)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 8 lettuce leaves (iceberg)
- 1 large carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1 cucumber (small, thinly sliced)
- 2/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 3 limes (halves)
- For tofu fritters, process the tofu, rice, onions, cilantro, egg, sambal oelek, garlic, ginger, lime peel and cumin in a food processor until just combined.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok. Shape heaping tablespoons of the fritter mixture in ovals or rounds. Deep-fry the fritters in batches until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the fritters immediately with lettuce leaves, carrot, cucumber, sweet chili sauce and limes.