- 3/4 cup coconut (shredded & toasted)
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound sugar (confectioner's)
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract (imitation)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In blender, crush coconut to coarse consistency. Set aside. (To toast coconut, spread on shallow cookie sheet and toast in 325 degree F. oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to toast evenly).
- In large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add egg whites; beat well. Blend in extracts. Gradually add combined flour, baking powder and coconut; mix just until thoroughly blended. Pour into greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Before serving, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.