Here's a tasty appetizer to serve with drinkls at your next dinner party before everyone heads off to the table. Just saute bacon and mushrooms in a little olive oil, then deglaze the pan with a hearty splash of white wine, season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve, accompanied with toasted bread and olive paste that's made by blending a few black olives with olive oil and garlic.
- olive oil
- 500 grams white mushrooms (fresh, whole)
- bacon (sliced , to taste)
- white wine
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (chopped)
- pitted black olives
- 1 garlic clove
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet and sauté bacon and mushrooms.
- Deglaze pan with a small amount of white wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- Serve with toasted bread and olive paste.
- For the olive paste, blend pitted black olives, a drizzle of olive oil and 1 garlic clove.