Who doesn't love Tlalpeño Soup? This Tlalpeño Soup recipe is perfect to prepare on weekend for the kids or to pack in a picnic lunch! Try out our Tlalpeño Soup recipe and let us know what you think in the comments below. You can also give this Tlalp…
ño Soup recipe a star rating. We love to read your comments and guide you in the right direction. Enjoy this Tlalpeño Soup recipe and others like it!
- 3 cups water
- 1 chicken breast (half, skinless and deboned)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 tomato
- cooking oil (spray)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- chipotle chili (seeded)
- ground black pepper
- 1 epazote (leaf, or dandelion greens)
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned)
- 1/2 avocado (diced)
- lime juice
- In a saucepan, add the water, chicken, and carrot. Cover the saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Separately, roast the tomato, then peel, chop, and seed. Spray cooking oil into a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Saute the tomato, onion, and garlic. When the tomato changes color, grind it with the chipotle chili (to taste) and add to the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the tomato puree, chickpeas, and epazote. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the broth. Let it cool, then shred.
- To serve, heat the chicken in the broth. Plate and garnish with diced avocado and lime juice to taste.
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.